Friday, August 20, 2010

Why might my computer freeze up when I download a pdf document with Adobe Reader?

Adobe Reader causes my CPU usage to go to 100% when I try to open a pdf document. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Reader. I wonder if something else besides the Adobe Reader is causing the problem. My first theory was that it was my McAfee antiVirus software, because the MCSHEILD program would also use alot of the CPU. I could never open PDF documents. I replaced it with Norton AntiVirus software and it helped but the problem still occurs about half of the time.



I am using Windows XP. Thanks for any ideas



Why might my computer freeze up when I download a pdf document with Adobe Reader?antivirus download



You have a common problem. Do a google search on something like ''norton adobe hangs'' and you'll find a number of tips on how to fix things. Again, you're in good company.



I had trouble with McAfee, and I have known people who had trouble with Norton. Personally, I have used Trend Micro for two years and have never had a problem.



Also, make sure that your operating system is fully up to date, with all the updates and service packs installed. Make sure that you're downloading the latest Abobe Reader. Beyond that, do the google search. Any time you have a computer problem, there are probably thousands of other people who have had the same problem, and you will often find a fix that works for you. Good luck.



Why might my computer freeze up when I download a pdf document with Adobe Reader?bmw



Just give adobe reader plenty of time. It takes a while to open PDFs, so let it have 3-5 minutes. If not, persue the other people's ideas.
Does the pc actually freeze, where you have to reboot? or does it just hang for a bit until the file actually opens? Pdf files can be very demanding, thus requiring a lot of cpu usage, so your problem isn't rare. However, if you are actually freezing to the point where you have to reboot, I don't know how to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment