Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I Use A Complete Internet Security Program On My Computer?

I have a 1 Gig P3 processor with 512 ram on my pc. I am told conflicting advice.



Some recommend using a internet security program such as Norton or McAfee for security.



Others say that these programs use up too much resources and if a virus and spyware scan is performed at least once a week that is sufficient.



Currently I use AVG free edition with basic Windows Firewall. I run antivirus and spyware scans about twice a week with little or no problems.



What is ideal for an older system like mine besides buying a new computer?



Should I Use A Complete Internet Security Program On My Computer?norton antivirus 2007



You have what you need......AVG is an excellent antivirus program, just make sure its up to date.....Windows firewall is sufficient for the majority of end users (normal pc users), and if you also have spybot search and destroy along with adaware installed and you run scans as often as you say and keep them up to date....no need to get anything else.



The ''all-in-one'' security suites just basically interface the different components into one program rather than running three or four.....Norton is a system hog, and Mcafee isn't much better....but all they really do is run all those programs you already have, all at the same time from one interface, so if it aint broke, don't fix it.



Should I Use A Complete Internet Security Program On My Computer?product key

No comments:

Post a Comment