Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Computer won't download a program?

I have 2 computers connected through a router. One computer is fairly new and the other is older. On the older pc, I try to download different programs and none of them seem to work. For example, I tried to download this client for a gaming site in order to play games and it downloaded but when I try to run the program it freezes. Other times the download won't even give me the option to Run so I can start to download. Sometimes the download will start then it will take so long that I am not sure if it is actually working and downloading or just frozen so I eventually end up cancelling it. Do some downloads take a REALLY long time and I just have to be patient? I have Norton Antivirus installed but it is expired. Could this be the reason it is not downloading properly? Any help is appreciated.



I don't know much about how computers work. Everything works perfectly fine on the newer computer. Both have Windows XP running so I'm not sure what could be the problem. Thanks so much.



Computer won't download a program?network



Your computer doesn't have enough memory...



Computer data storage; often called storage or memory refer to computer components, devices and recording media that retain digital data used for computing for some interval of time. Computer data storage provides one of the core functions of the modern computer, that of information retention. It is one of the fundamental components of all modern computers, and coupled with a central processing unit (CPU, a processor), implements the basic computer model used since the 1940s.

No comments:

Post a Comment