Friday, August 20, 2010

I have some problems with Call of Duty4 PC, help?

These questions are based on Online play in COD4.



Question 1: When I try to connect to a server, all servers say that ''this server is for low ping players only'', why? The only programs I have running is CA antivirus and Xfire. And I have been able to play online before.



Question 2: Sometimes I get kicked out of the game for ''Losing Key Packets'' ? What's that?



Question 3: Since I have the ''high ping'' problem, supposedly , according to COD4, I tried disconnect my NETGEAR router from the computer and inserting my DSL Modem straight into the ethernet hole. But once I do that, and try to connect it says KEY IS IN USE. But with the router, the key isn't? What happened there?



Thanks for reading and please help, I will try to provide more details if you require it to answer my questions, thanks.



I have some problems with Call of Duty4 PC, help?cafe racer



1.) Make sure you connect to a low ping server (40-80 ping)as this will actually give you a better/faster connection. This should solve your problem.



2.) Try reinstalling the game and make sure you install Punkbuster when you are prompted to do so. Also make sure you update the game since there have been at least two patches since the release of the game.



3.) Your router is not the problem here. Reconnect to your router.



Let me know if this works or not. There have been a lot of people posting here that have had problems with connecting to multiplayer for COD 4.



I have some problems with Call of Duty4 PC, help?free anti virus



The antivirus and other background programs is your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment