Friday, August 20, 2010

There are restrictions on my computer, I can't access my control panel...?

Every time I try to access my control panel it says, ''This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator''



....I doubt it's a virus because I have AVG antivirus, along with 2 other anti-virus programs. How can I fix this? I'm not a huge computer expert so some simplified help would be appreciated!



There are restrictions on my computer, I can't access my control panel...?house call



Never have more than one anti-virus running!



They may conflict with each other. (unless you're just using one for real time monitoring and the other two for periodic scans)



It could just be that your user account does not have admin rights. But take care of the AV situation first.



There are restrictions on my computer, I can't access my control panel...?matchless



There is a program that you may open, using start-%26gt;run.... its called gpedit.msc



I was informed of this while searching out a similar problem with one of my desktop's...



Browse through the settings in this program, it should have something about the control panel being blocked.



Not sure if this works for XP Home, but I know it is included in XP Pro.
Well, if it's not a virus, then your account has been locked by an account with Administrator priviliges.



Do you have Administrator privliges on your account? If so, head to: (I assume you're running a 'Professional' copy of Windows, as opposed to 'Home Edition')



Start %26gt; Run %26gt; gpedit.msc



All the functions for locking accounts in this way can be found in there (Group Policy Editor).



Hope it helps.
go to admin account and do this to change things
you account is not an administrators account



if you are using a domain network then you cannot change it unless you can contact your network administrator

No comments:

Post a Comment