Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slow windows xp startup on my laptop?

i have a acer aspire 5053 laptop and it was working really fine.but,all of a sudden,my system is taking a long time to load the startup icons,especially the 2 network icons(im not connected 2 any network).the problem persists even under cold booting.i also have very few installed programs and i even tried uninstalling the antivirus and quicktime but still the problem persists.i have 1 gb of ram and my system runs xp sp2



Slow windows xp startup on my laptop?security



hey, try to read this book, it helped me alot



its just magic



http://tinyurl.com/285trq



Slow windows xp startup on my laptop?trojan



''sad :['' may be right. This has happened several times to my desktop computer. Luckily tho I use LavaSoft Adware (Ad-Aware SE Personal). It's free and it does the job. Also Yahoo has an anti-spy feature which scans your files and lets you choose which to remove (I remove ALL!) I use them both and my system seems to run fine. Hope this helps.



Jerry



Also, to answer or to help hmmmfunny's problem with lime wire, it may be quite possible that you've aquired a virus. Were your downloads anything other than mp3s? Viruses are attached to pictures, videos, text files, etc... What I recommend is to SCAN EVERY FILE AFTER IT IS DOWNLOADED. I use Windows Live One Care, and it's simple to use and works wonders, believe me!! Best of luck to you.!!
Mine is doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment