Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have free wireless internet at school that I can't even use. Help.?

The wireless connection at my college that is included in my building use fees is supposed to be unlimited and complimentary with my schooling.



However, it requires that each person that uses it has the most expensive anti-virus program that is available. I am unable to get this program because the price is ridiculous but I still think it is my right to use this connection that I pay for. I have antivirus, anti-spyware, and a couple anti-malware programs.



First of all, when I connect to the wi-fi at school, no matter what browser I use, the server automatically does a scan to see if I have the right anti-virus program installed on my computer. If I don't, I can't access the internet there. No Google, no MSN messenger, no Spy sweeper updates, no windows automatic updates.. nothing.



Is there a way I can trick the server into letting me through? I did trick it once before I think, on accident.



I have free wireless internet at school that I can't even use. Help.?nortin



Sounds to me like if you had it running prior to doing your Java Update, then do a system restore back to that point, that should at least get you up and running.



What Antivirus program do you need. I will help you get a legal copy at no cost since you are a student. Just email me and throw me a bunch pf compliments first.



I have free wireless internet at school that I can't even use. Help.?pc security

No comments:

Post a Comment