Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can't delete program....?

I'm trying to delete my old version of AVG AntiVirus because it won't let me download an update...it says I need the new version. When I try to delete it from my programs list it says I don't have access but I'm the only person that uses my computer and I have administrator access. How can I delete it?? The new version won't download until I can get the old version out....



Can't delete program....?norton 360



download a program called Unlocker make sure agv is not running then navigate to the agv folder and delete the folder it probably wont delete all the files open folder right click on file and use unlocker then delete the file



Can't delete program....?photoshop



go into start then control panal then add and remove programs then scrol down click then remove
Are you trying to remove it while it is running? Right click the AVG icon next to the clock %26 left click ''Quick AVG Control Centre'' and then Yes. Now go to the Control Panel and uninstall from the add or remove program panel. If this does not work, still quick the AVG Control Panel and then go to Start - All Programs - AVG and then slide over to the right and down to the uninstall command. If this still does not work you should be able to remove it from the Safe Mode. Let us know it you need help and we will try.
First of all, are you administrator? Or do you have administrator rights? If not, log on as the administrator and then try and get rid of the program. You should be able to get rid of it if you are the administrator. If you are not the administrator then you may have to remove it manually by removing registry entries and program files.e.t.c.



The administrator is the account that has access to everything on the computer.
Maybe you should stop all AVG's running program........ then you can start trying to remove (uninstall) it from control panel...



If that doesn't work, you should seek for a third party software remover at download.com or somewhere else....



and the last way is... just delete the program folder, then remove it from the control panel ( it works for some softwares)

No comments:

Post a Comment