Sunday, August 15, 2010

Norman Anti Virus - yes Norman, not Norton?

Oh my God what can I do - I cannot get rid of this antivirus programme - I have tried to remove from add/remove programs but it will not shift. It has been removed from the registry and I have tried Norman's own "fix it" tool and it tells me that there is no file avaialble, yet when I try to download my new antivirus it tells me that Norman is still in the system - am at the end of my tether now - can anyone help



Norman Anti Virus - yes Norman, not Norton?virus scanner



Have a look here it may help.



http://www.norman.com/Support/Knowledge_...



Have you tried to re boot the system see if it is removed after a reboot, also you may need to kill the process, click start%26gt;run, type in the run box msconfig%26gt;enter, have a look at the start up tab, if Norman is listed as a start up option, un tick everything relating to Norman, also look at the services tab, and un tick everything listed belonging to Norman if possible, then re boot the system, then try and remove Norman again using Add/remove.



Norman Anti Virus - yes Norman, not Norton?anti virus software



Go to c:\norman\nvc\bin in here is a file called delnvc5.exe - run this to uninstall NVC, when it has completed re-start the computer and delete c:\norman to complete the process
Why not ask them? http://www.norman.com/Support/en-uk

No comments:

Post a Comment