Friday, August 20, 2010

Why does my internet connection drop when using bittorrent/bitcomet ???

when i download from bittorrent or bitcomet or any other p2p software my internet connection drops and i have to reset my btomehub to get my internet connection back on it stays on untill fully connected and downloading and then drops . it is not my router as i have changed it , i dont have any adware spyware etc and i have downloaded using these programs for years with the same antivirus and firewall with no problems , i have also contacted my isp and they r not disconnecting me . although today i have been downloading 1 file by itself and so far it has been on for 2 hours , usually i download a number of files (3/4) at a time any help appreciated :)



Why does my internet connection drop when using bittorrent/bitcomet ???aurora



You internet isn't unlimited, it has bandwidth.



So say you have 2mb bandwidth, that you get you about 200kb/s download speed in total throughout everything.



So if bittorrent uses 150kb/s, then your browser is going to go at a max of 50kb/s and so be really slow.



Why does my internet connection drop when using bittorrent/bitcomet ???download



Well, it's because there are lots of connections going on! You're connecting to leechers and seeders who are uploading and downloading the torrent file, so it will slow down other internet-hungry applications.



You can reduce the download/upload speeds in some torrent clients. Have a look in Preferences.
downloading will slow it down as you are using the same line
well, possibly the downloads are pinching all your bandwidth, which would slow down your connection. not sure if it would cause it to crash though. Stick to 1 or 2 downloads?

No comments:

Post a Comment