Wednesday, August 18, 2010

RUN or OPEN when installing a program?

I will be installing Spybot S%26D and also AdAware SE. My questions: (1) When it asks me if I want to OPEN or SAVE the file, which one should I pick? (2) Are these two programs all that I need to be safe from harm? (I do realize they wont ''catch them all'') (3) also, I have Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus 2003 installed on my pc (XP) I was told 2003 is ok to use, however, I think 2006 should be better. Any advice? THANKS!!



RUN or OPEN when installing a program?product key



1: Save.. that way you have a copy of the program on your HD... you then run the program.



2: Those 2 should do it for free programs. The best aren't free, but they don't catch it all either



3: Antivirus programs need to be updated dayly. If you don't have the useually 1 year contract to get new virus signatures your antivirus program is almost worthless. Avast antivirus has a free version here: http://www.avast.com/ you have to register, but that's free too. It automaticly updates itself dayly, or everytime you connect to the internet.



4: You should also have a firewall. ZoneAlarm has a very good free ver., much better than the one included with XP get it here: http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/ca...



RUN or OPEN when installing a program?triumph

No comments:

Post a Comment