Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get Yahoo! Messenger to stop loading with windows when the box in preferences is already un

Before you tell me to go to preferences and uncheck the box that says to automatically start Yahoo! Messenger when I start up my computer, I have already done that and it's unchecked and it still insists on loading up with windows. I also looked in the Start Up folder and it's empty, I have no programs in that folder at all. The only programs that load with windows are Norton antivirus and Yahoo which drives me nuts and I want the choice of when I want my messenger running. Any ideas on how to remedy this?



How do I get Yahoo! Messenger to stop loading with windows when the box in preferences is already unchecked?nortan



Ok go down to start and then to run,and in run type in msconfig and click ok, there go to the startup tab,that is everything that is starting up when you start your computer,there make sure there is no check in front of YMessenger,then click apply and ok and yes to restart computer,then messenger shouldn't start til you want it to.



EDIT: Well thats all I can think of if you have the check out,you would think it would be there,because thats everything that is starting on startup.Good Luck



  • simpel cheese cake recipe
  • spiritually sound teenagers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment